The Wish The Wish

A beautiful game without the expected clutter. No highscores, or score at all for that matter. No dialogue, no backstory and no cutscenes. Deceptively simple text tells you to click for a wish, and suddenly you become that wish, or a guide to that wish as it travels across the sky. I felt a strange mix of emotions I rarely feel from movies and games.

I felt a sad desperation, as if every option before wishing had already been exhausted.
I felt confused. As the description asks, can a bigger falling star make a wish more likely to come true? How can a wish help?
I felt a motivation. Is this guiding of a wish symbolic for making your dreams into reality? I like this idea.

Great art, amazing music. The smallest and strongest story I've seen in a while.

BeardshakerGames responds:

We are so happy about your great feedback, because you are describing a lot of the emotions we intended to express with this small 'game poem'. Thank you! :)

M-Bot The Game M-Bot The Game

Amazing!

What could be better than running down an improbably long street as a giant transforming attack robot with a lazer gun destroying everything in your way? Running down an improbably long street as a giant transforming attack robot with a lazer gun destroying everything in your way in 3D!

Riddle School 5 Riddle School 5

Fantastic!

I was always a fan of this series, but I had played the games before I had a NG account, so I couldn't leave any reviews.
This is by far the best riddle school game; without spoiling anything, the plotline is much deeper than "I wanna get out of school", and the puzzles are quite tricky. I am thoroughly satisfied with this epic ending to such an amazing series. I would also like to compliment you on your directing in the cutscenes, and your great choice of music. As far as I could tell, the game was bug-free, the puzzles were addicting, and the storyline was fascinating.

JonBro responds:

"Bug-free" might be true, but the beta-testers are still finding issues with my grammar :(

Thank you very much for the review!

ImmorTall ImmorTall

Not accepted by all audiences.

I found this a fantastic and meaning ful game. On the other hand, this game relies heavily on the viewers imagination, which frankly, some people do not possess enough of to make sense of this story in their own way. Reading some of the reviews, I discovered some interesting visualizations: even from a few of the negative ones. I must agree with a few people who recommended alternate endings: it would add replay value and a slight clue towards the meaning, atmosphere and setting. To everyone who thinks this shouldn't be classified as a game: until Newgrounds adds a category between "games" and "movies", "games" is the best description of this.

10/10
5/5

If you want intense violence, over-the-top graphics and gameplay, and couldn't care less about a plotline, this game probably isn't for you.